Thursday 13 April 2017

biking at the MBT trails in pirongia

                                       Biking!🚲


The hot blood rushes through my veins. My heartbeat quickens as the earth drops way to another hill. I felt special as I reach the end. I had accomplished one round of the kid's track I had a rest, a drink of water and some food, and started off again.


                                                                                                                                     
The grey gravel crunched underneath my black shoes and the stones protested, but I ignored the protesting and biked my way to Amanda. Gracefully, I pass beautiful native trees and flowers. Once I reach Amanda, I stare into the deep, dark, muddy track. Gingerly, I make way and push off. I race down the muddy banks like a racehorse in a derby. Slowly, I apply the brakes to examine the track below. The hill below dropped down to a stream sharp corner. I carefully turned the corner, avoiding the bird's sharp cries and taunting beaks. But I wasn’t watching the sight was better than those crows. Then I bike a little longer, and I found a sign that says:

Redwood's kids ahead?

My despair filled my stomach as I bike up the brown leaves trail. I keep biking and I reached the end!
By: Dareeya

No comments:

Post a Comment