Friday 7 April 2017

swimming sports by dareeya 2017

                                   swimming sports 


The houses, chanting sliced through the coarse morning air.
Mrs Hobbs put her hand up we all stop, and we sit up and she chooses the best house to go into first the swimming pool grounds.
Once we were all seated in our houses, Mrs Hobbs called the 8 and 9-year-olds to the marshalling area.
First, Mrs Hobbs called the 8-year-olds first for one length freestyle.      
The nerves caused my stomach to clench even harder as I step up to the diving platform The scream of the whistle silents the whole pool grounds.
The bang of the clappers spring into life, deafening all of us but I spring in first starting with freestyle.                               Once I reach the end, one of the judges came over me and gave me a red cube. I walked over to Debbie and Mrs Cullen and gave them my cube and wrote my name next to 1st place and I walked back to my house.                                                                           Again the scream of the whistle but this time it sounds like a screaming headless chicken!?                                                                It was the boys turn to swim one length freestyle.

I didn’t see who was first, but now the 10,11,12 plus-year-olds one length freestyle.

Once everyone had swum, it was time for breaststroke no 8-year-olds wanted to do breaststroke but 9-year-olds did but I didn’t go.

When everyone did breaststroke it was time for morning tea and we played for 15 minutes.     I love backstroke so I went to the marshalling area.
I didn’t feel any nerve butterflies so I was confident.
Then I hopped in the pool tighten my arms around the bar.                       The clappers bang again and I’m off AGAIN!                                   So I was 2nd but I still got semi-finals and grand finals.
As always, the 10,11.and 12 plus go too.
Once backstroke was finished, the medley was on.
The medley is first freestyle then backstroke and breaststroke.
Once the medley was completed, it was lunch.
The line for lunch orders stretched all the way to the pools.
After lunch, the finals were on  I was on one and two lengths freestyle . and backstroke. I got second place in two lengths freestyle and third place in one length freestyle.   And I came 4th in the backstroke.
               

No comments:

Post a Comment